The Delhi Charter Township Clerk's office maintains all three of Delhi Township's cemeteries and their records. The Holt-Delhi Historical Society can obtain information from the Clerk's office, however we would direct most researchers to contact the Clerk's office directly for records inquiries.
Delhi Township is home to three cemeteries, Pioneer Cemetery, Maple Ridge Cemetery, and Markham Cemetery. The City of Lansing's North Cemetery was originally a Delhi Township cemetery but was annexed by the City in the 1960s.
Below we have provided links to Find A Grave and Interment.net listings for each of Delhi's former and current cemeteries.
North Cemetery began as a private family cemetery in the mid-1800s. On May 17, 1852, Delhi Township acquired the cemetery from Joshua North for $55. The original section of the cemetery was restricted for burials of North family members and close friends of the pioneering family. There are no cemetery records dating prior to Delhi Township's purchase of the cemetery. The North Cemetery Association was established in 1911 to care for the cemetery. In 1960, the the North Delhi Cemetery was annexed by the City of Lansing along with the North School District and the entire Miller Road Community. All records and care for the cemetery were then transferred to the City of Lansing. Though it is now located in Lansing, the vast majority of those buried there were pioneers of Delhi Township - including Delhi first supervisor Henry Harrison North and first treasurer Roswell Everett. The first burial after the annexation occurred in January 1961. The cemetery is no longer active and in order for a burial to occur, one must already have ownership of the plot(s) via inheritance or transfer of ownership. Records for North Cemetery can be obtained through the City of Lansing Cemetery Administrative Office or the Cemetery Courtesy Office run by the Friends of Lansing's Historic Cemeteries. There are various dated transcriptions and publications that have been done over the years.